Tuesday 16 July 2013

Ninnies

It's been a very busy few weeks which is why I'm playing catch up with this, my on line photo album.  I was thinking about this today - in the good old days when we got our photos developed for our scrapbooks, it always took me ages then to catalogue them.  Nothing changes, even with new technology.

Our lovely little knitting group seems to be becoming more productive and industrious.   Even Shirley needed no intervention this time and, in fact, started creating before the rest of us had finished our puddings!  We've discovered that the more effort we put into food, the less we put into our knitting, so we're on pizzas and finger food again! 

First to arrive was Ruth, who rushed in to watch the tennis with Amanda - no sense out of them for a little while at least!   Ruth has been buying wool on the internet apparently - this is the start of a slippery slope.  But Ruth is in very good company!

Amanda trotted out all her makes since the last time we met and put us all to shame.  How the rest of us didn't just give up and hit the cheesecake again, I have no idea.

Shannon has been hectoring me for more hexipuffs and I have to admit that I'm a bit bored of them and want a new project now.  Shannon has, however, sewn up three beautiful hexipuff cushions so far for our craft fairs - you never know, I may find some more inspiration once I've got over my current granny blanket obsession.  Shannon did spend some time measuring up my back garden for her new project - I am hoping to have a mosaic path and steps some time soon.   Shannon had to reign in my enthusiasm and silly ideas - apparently unicorns, hot air balloons and pink flamingoes are not suitable subjects for a cottage or seaside garden.  I think I was just giddy with excitement!

Michele has finished her beautiful throw but hasn't strictly started a new project yet.  Michele will not make anything that doesn't use a certain size of needle, which is quite interesting!  We'll soon convert her, I'm sure.

Mo is still making the gorgeous scarf, but that's because she seems to have taken up journalism/ magazine editorship since we last all met up and has been busy with that.  Mo tried to teach us a different style of casting on, but I was lost almost immediately.  It looks way too complicated for my poor little brain to cope with. 

Topics of conversation this week included the porters at Colman Hospital - this is a standing item on our agenda! - chefs-turned-make up artists-turned-medical students; knitted knickers and crochet triangular bikinis.  Another lovely evening - where gorgeous things were made; much food was consumed; and nonsense was spoken.  A perfect evening, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment