Saturday 4 February 2017

Seeds and Stuff - January 2017

Not an awful lot going on in the garden at the moment - mostly ice!

And frost ...
I only have one indoor plant - not a great lover of them really - this hyacinth was given to me last year by Amanda and it's been sitting on my windowsill all year, and has just bloomed again.  Blooming lovely!
I've done a bit of tidying in the garden, but there's not much I can do at the moment truthfully. 
The irises are coming along nicely - these are Iris reticulata 'Joyce' which Amanda and I got for Mum to remember Auntie Joyce by.  On what would have been Auntie Joyce's 91st birthday, coincidentally also Remembrance Day last year, I planted up some of these bulbs for each of us.
As the weather's been not good, too wet and cold, it's a perfect time to be sitting indoors with seed catalogues, revision papers and the RHS Garden magazine which I now have monthly, as part of my RHS membership, a fabulous Christmas present from Mum and Dad.

Lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment