Saturday 18 March 2017

Seeds and Stuff - February 2017

I've started my seed sowing for the year, having been very lazy over the last few months in this regard.   I think college might have inspired me!  I've got dahlia, scabious and kniphofia (red hot poker) seeds popping up, and I've also sown broccoli, leek and morning glory, none of which are showing yet.   More to follow on these in future posts.

In the meantime, bulbs are popping up all over the garden - including snowdrops that I had totally forgotten about.

Not many of them, but less can be more when snowdrops are involved!   A lovely sign that the world is waking up.

Back in November, I planted some bulbs - Iris reticulata 'Joyce' - in memory of Auntie Joyce.  They were planted on 13 November, on what would have been her 91st birthday - coincidentally also Remembrance Day.  They have been beautiful.
This is a stray one that managed to work its way into a bed at the bottom of the garden.  (I suspect Finn!)

No comments:

Post a Comment