Friday 22 September 2017

Other People's Gardens - August 2017

I get quite attached to the gardens that I've been working in, but realised that I needed to record some of the work I've done to see how productive I can be.  To that end, I've been half remembering to take before and after photos!

This is the before and after of a drive I've been weeding, and also a picture of my lovely helper!
I don't work in this next garden any more - I've loved working there all summer but the owners feel confident enough now to take out things they don't like and move things about to fill gaps.  The difficulty when moving to a new house and garden, especially when you don't really know what you're doing, is realising that you can get rid of things - you don't have to keep everything!  I loved tidying things up, clearing enough weeds and overgrown plants to be able to see daylight between everything and then advising my clients on how they can begin doing things for themselves.  The best thing about this garden is seeing their confidence grow - my work is done!
Now this next garden has had an amazing transformation!  The road this house sits on is a cut through to Norwich city centre and there has been an awful lot of rubbish dumped which is really sad.  Hopefully, now that it's been tidied up, it might deter people from chucking their litter over the fence.
My next job is to try and do the same with the back garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment