Monday 2 September 2019

Odds and Sods - August 2019

I've had a lot of time off work in August - both on leave and then on sick leave.   For that reason, I haven't been doing anything more strenuous than sitting on my arse and knitting!   We have a craft fair coming up in November so I have a little system going on - I am knitting everyone's Christmas presents and then putting them on our Folksy site.   If the item sells on Folksy or at the craft fair, then I have a month to run around the shops to find the recipient an alternative.  And if it doesn't sell, then my friend/ family member gets the present that was always intended for them.   I had no idea it would be so stressful - especially given that I have 44 presents to make, but only 16 weeks in which to do so!

This is just a little selection of what I've made so far.

I have also been foraging, from my own garden as well as the public highway!  I picked enough elderberries to make a litre of brandy, but first I had to decant the beech leaf gin into bottles to free up the kilner jars for the elderberry brandy.  It's like a proper little production line!

While on holiday at the caravan at the beginning of August, I was so inspired by moody skies and the light on the trees, I took some photos which I then took to the John Arbon Textile Mill to match up with some yarn - this will be my next project after the current feral jumper is finished (which won't be until after Christmas - see above!)

I've had some minor surgery - hence the sick leave from work - but that hasn't gone too well, given that I fell down stairs after just one week at home.   The above photo doesn't show the bruises up so well, but I felt that I ought to record my clumsiness!

Finn has enjoyed some quiet time, including time down at the caravan.  The past month has been very very hot so we've been spending as much time as possible, trying to keep cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment