Monday 5 August 2013

Friends

I've only known Lori for two years now - we worked together at Colman Hospital and, in fact, we only worked together for six months.  But sometimes you meet someone with whom you share so much in common, that you very easily and naturally become friends.   We only stopped working together as Lori moved back to North Essex and went to work for an Essex NHS Trust - but we have kept in touch and meet occasionally to walk the dogs - Lori has three! - and have lunch and a catch up.  Our usual meeting spot is Dedham and we take the dogs for a run over Dedham Vale. 

This time, however, Lori invited me to her home and I must admit I was really keen to have a snoop!  I had seen some photos on Facebook and it just looked so inviting, that I couldn't resist.   Lori's back garden has a fence which opens out onto farm fields and there is a river running through it.  When you loop back round to the road, there is a ford to cross and then you walk up to the pub before heading up the main street to Lori's house again.  Just perfect.  
It was such a hot day that we had a good old paddle in the ford while the dogs played around and splashed us.  It was so refreshing - just what we needed in those temperatures.
After our walk, we headed back to Lori's back garden for tea and cake - how I managed it, I don't know, as we'd already had the most enormous barbecue lunch!   A really lovely day and I hope we didn't cause too much disruption - although Lori did lock the hens away before we got there because we didn't want Finn to eat any!

No comments:

Post a Comment