Sunday 3 August 2014

Paddock

When I tell people that Andy lives in a paddock, I don't think they really believe me.  Who would?!  But he really does.   There are three (previously five) caravans just outside the paddock fence and Andy's is probably the oldest/ most disreputable looking!   It's done us very well though - prior to setting it up at Heathrow, it served Andy very well at Bedford on his last job.   By my reckoning, he's been living in it for over five years now.  

We recently heard that Andy will be moving to another job at Stratford from 1 September - where he will be working on turning the Olympic Stadium into the new West Ham football ground - although it will have a couple of transitional changes to a World Cup rugby venue, followed by an athletics track.  But it has to be handed over to West Ham in June 2016.   Andy's very excited as he's never worked on a stadium before.

I thought that, as this was potentially my last visit to the caravan, I really ought to take some photos to mark the occasion.  I got quite emotional actually - I've done nothing but moan about it for the past few years, but, now he's got to move, I'm actually quite sad.    I shan't miss Finn chasing the resident cat, Reggie.   Or chasing any other dogs that are about.  The stables owner bawling me out for having no control over Finn at regular intervals.   (She's such a good dog owner though that she had to give away her Jack Russell after only six months as she couldn't cope - so I do feel slightly vindicated, and I've noticed that she hasn't bawled me out as much since!)   I won't miss my anxiety levels rocketing every time Finn goes near the horses, although they're very good and let him play with them.   And I certainly won't miss having to give Finn daily baths because he's rolled in horse shit.  

But I will miss the lovely friends I've made in Stanwell Moor - I always have a lovely welcome when I visit. And I will miss that it's so near to everywhere and that I can go and visit friends and relatives when I'm staying mid week and Andy's working.   I will miss our jaunts into Windsor and our walks along the Thames Path.  

I won't miss the M25 though!








No comments:

Post a Comment