Sunday 23 November 2014

Billingford

A few weekends ago, Mum and Dad and I went to check out Billingford Lakes as a potential fishing spot for Andy next year.   These lakes are less than a mile from their new house and had been recommended.   Luckily, I didn't have Finn with me - we found out, when we got there, that dogs are not allowed, as the lakes are part of a nature reserve.  So, if Andy decides we're going next year, then Finn will have to go on holiday to his Nan and Grandad's - I'm sure they'll be delighted!




There are some beautiful walks all around the lakes and we had a good mooch.  We didn't see anyone else fishing though, but we did meet the manager - luckily, Dad knew the right questions to ask so that we could report back to Andy.





The autumn colours and light were beautiful and this is the first place I've ever seen Chinese lanterns growing wild.


After leaving the lakes, we headed along the lanes then that run alongside the River Wensum, another fishing spot (and which has since become the spot where I walk Finn before we head over to Mum and Dad's - to try and wear him out before we visit.  It doesn't work!).   By this time, we were beginning to lose the sun and it was getting a bit cool.





These lanes round about Mum and Dad's are causing me to waste quite a lot of time househunting on the Right Move website at the moment - always a dangerous occupation!   It really is a beautiful area, but I think I'll check out how Mum and Dad fare in the worst winter weather before I make any concrete plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment