Monday 17 November 2014

North Walsham Farewell

Mum and Dad have been in their new house for a month and they seem really settled - it's a beautiful little cottage with a sweet walled garden on a very quiet road in the village of North Elmham - they have moved from North Norfolk to West Norfolk and couldn't be happier.  A couple of weeks before their move, I popped to see them in North Walsham to take some photos of their garden - I wasn't so emotionally attached to the house itself but the garden was something else.  And I'll always have some fab memories - from the "graves" (the name given by Shannon to the raised beds!) to the "secret naked bouncy castle garden".  


I think this was the first pergola that Dad built - he's since built mine too with the help of Nicholas.   Mine was my birthday present in the first year I lived in this house and we had a "Ground Force" weekend - all hands on deck to transform my garden with plants and pergola.  I think I provided lunch.  It seems such a long time ago now - five years!





Mum and Dad got me into roses too - I always thought before that they were a bit "obvious", but Mum and Dad had an amazing selection over their trellis and arch, and they really inspired me to get my own.


Dad had recently taken down the trellis and most of the roses had gone, but there were still some bush roses in the "graves".   For Mum and Dad's 40th anniversary, we all clubbed together to buy them three roses with the word "Ruby" in the title - Ruby Wedding, Ruby Anniversary and one other, the name of which escapes me now.  But it was nine years ago, so I can't possibly remember that far back!



So, a little sad to see the back of this garden, but am really looking forward to seeing what transpires in North Elmham and hope to spend a bit of time sitting in their summer house, looking out at everything.  (Finn and Sid already love the rosemary bush as they keep walking through it - both boys smell gorgeous each time we go over!)

No comments:

Post a Comment