Friday 7 September 2018

Seeds and Stuff - August 2018

I have just discovered I only took one seeds and stuff photo all month!

To be fair, there wasn't an awful lot worth photographing as the garden was asleep due to lack of rain.  Things are getting better now although there's some strange flowering going on - my Cercis siliquastrum has just started flowering again, six months too early!  I've seen Cyclamen hederifolium flowering.   The Buddleia davidii (butterfly bush) has only just started flowering, much too late for the butterflies to enjoy, as there shouldn't be enough daylight for them to be out and about, although I have seen a few.   The seasons are all a bit to cock at the moment.

Things have started to green up a bit but the garden has been so disappointing this year.   I think I've realised I don't have enough back up water supplies - I have the well in the back garden but I'm just surviving with buckets of water out the front, so I feel I need to get a water butt in place before next summer - apparently this is the way the climate will be going now, so I just need to be more prepared, and perhaps have more drought tolerant plants.

We live and learn - hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment