Saturday 20 October 2018

Seeds and Stuff - September 2018

It's been such an unseasonal year so everything's going mad in the garden - Cercis siliquastrum has flowers on the wood in spring, then the leaves come and are a lovely lime green colour, becoming red in the autumn when the seed pods appear and turn purple, and then everything dies back for the winter.  At one point in September, the Cercis had flowers, leaves AND seedpods all at the same time - it's madness!

These flowers and leaves should not be on the tree at the same time!
I really do need to move this fuchsia over the winter - it's so low growing and lays on the ground which means I don't get to see it unless I'm actively wandering around the garden.   On my list of jobs to do.
The honeysuckle has been flowering again too.
And I'm not sure this Pelargonium 'Apple Blossom' should be flowering this late either?  Who knows?!
This old boy is gorgeous in the garden any time of year!




No comments:

Post a Comment