Sunday 19 April 2020

Seeds and Stuff - March 2020

Back in March when we found out we were about to go into lockdown due to Covid-19, I dashed out to get compost - six bags! - and an incinerator, never dreaming I wouldn't be able to use it for the time being.  One of the vulnerable groups for coronavirus is those people with asthma so we've been advised not to have bonfires in our gardens due to any breathing issues of those living around us.  In addition, all fire service personnel have been redeployed and are driving ambulances, etc, so we cannot risk the possibility of garden fires.

So this little beauty is going away for the time being until I can use it.


I've finally planted up my Hibiscus syriacus and my Cotinus coggygria in the manhole rings that Andy's site were throwing out.  Underneath the Hibiscus, I've planted some Crocosmia that I dug up to make room.   I'm still debating what to underplant the Cotinus with.   I'm sure inspiration will strike before long.

We've had a very dry few weeks - although yesterday we had a day of rain so the water butt and well have filled back up again, thank goodness

Due to all the time I'm spending in the garden currently, it's looking beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment