Sunday 27 February 2022

Conishead Priory

 


Pretty much on every day that I was walking, we drove past Conishead Priory which looked intriguing - Finn and I had walked past it on the beach side earlier in the holiday and I had decided it would be worth a visit if I had a day off.   Because I wasn't sure how accessible it would be for dogs, I took Finn for a walk up to the Hoad monument at Ulverston first to try and wear him out, just in case I needed to leave him in the car.


Conishead Priory is home to a Buddhist centre and it was lovely to see so many people in attendance.   There are cottages within the grounds for anyone on retreat and I had a good mooch around.







In the temple, everyone was invited to have a taster meditation session and I found it incredibly peaceful and relaxing, and I even think I'd like to go on a retreat one day.   



After my mini-meditation session, I headed back to the car to collect Finn and have another walk in the grounds and on the beach.   

Definitely worth a visit and I hope to return one day, perhaps for a longer stay.


No comments:

Post a Comment