Friday 23 September 2022

Holiday Randoms - St Bees

 Back at the end of September 2020, Mum and Dad, Amanda and I were lucky enough to get a holiday in between Covid lockdowns - in fact, I suspect that we only just got in as I'm fairly sure we went straight back into lockdown in the middle of October.  


We had a wonderful holiday cottage right on the front behind the lifeboat station - a bungalow with two bedrooms (Mum and Dad, and Amanda) and a fabulously comfy sofa in the large living room (me!).   It was all on one level and it didn't take us long at all to feel completely at home.    Over the course of the week, we had a number of days sightseeing and I had two days of coastal walking too, one with Amanda and one on my own.



Every evening, Amanda and I went out for a walk along the prom - and we regularly saw lights on some of the boats out at sea.   Most of our ridiculous conversations revolved around pirates and smugglers communicating with people onshore to bring all sorts of contraband in!


The week started off beautifully warm and Amanda and I even sat out in the small garden on the Sunday with coffee to soak up the warmth, but the weather did get colder and wetter towards the end of the week.  





Not that it stopped us of course!



No comments:

Post a Comment