Saturday 4 January 2014

Croshering!

When we were growing up, both our Nans were very industrious and busy, knitting and croshering clothes and blankets.   And back then - forty-odd years ago - there's no way that either of them would have spoken the word "crochet".  That was far too French!   So, when they were working, they were "croshering" and when they'd finished something, it would have been "croshered".   And I still find it really hard, not to say it the way they did.  

But part of me is sort of ashamed of it, as if I'm being really ignorant - I know perfectly well how to pronounce it, I just choose not to!   Of course, until April of 2013, I never had to speak the word at all, but now I'm an afficionado, I say it all the time!

That's not to say I've given up on knitting completely of course - that will never happen.  I was commissioned back in November to make a baby blanket - so I experimented with something new.  My old favourite wave blanket design, but in a random colour way rather than structured stripes.  Looks pretty good I reckon!

No comments:

Post a Comment