Monday 31 March 2014

Charity Bake Sale

As part of Amanda and Shannon's big sponsored walk in May, I wanted to help as much as I could with raising money and helping out with the training walks.  I love baking - but, left to my own devices, I would gorge on everything I baked.  So I needed an excuse to bake cakes and let others eat them!  Despite working for the NHS and supposedly being concerned about health generally, in our office cake is considered one of our five a day, so my colleagues are the perfect customers for anything especially calorific! I've done two bake sales so far - three more to do - and have raised a total of £110 so far.   Well worth doing.  And of course my house smells wonderful!




I've got another money making venture planned for the last bake sale of this campaign - I'm going to print out the recipes and sell those for pennies too, it's all for a good cause.  And who knows?  Maybe my colleagues will start to bake their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment