Wednesday 19 March 2014

Under Siege

As the builders were here for a week in February to plug the hole in my roof, I took a week off work to make sure that Finn didn't try to help them!   And to add to the chaos, I decided that, as the house was already reeking of paint fumes, I might as well add to the scenes of devastation and decorate my bedroom at the same time.  It was all a bit last minute.com, which is why it wasn't done too neatly, but it's all done and I can always tidy it up afterwards.
I've gone from a playroom style lime green and cream with lots of clutter to a more grown up coffee and cream.   Also with lots of clutter!
I turned the room round too and put some little tables in as I was hoping to have a sewing area - however, it very soon became apparent that this wouldn't work - not enough room.  So the tables are pretty redundant at the moment - really need to rethink the sewing/ craft area set up.  
I finally have no scaffolding though which is good - it only took an extra five weeks for the scaffolders to take it all away after the roof work was finished - and my front garden is now looking lovely with all the spring bulbs again.   All in all, it was a pretty painless experience, but not one that I wish to repeat any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment