Saturday 16 May 2015

Up The Garden Path - Progress

Over the past few weeks, I've been prepping for the Big Mosaic Path Project - tearing up the tiles, clearing the weeds, buying beads, collecting pebbles from beaches, researching pebbles over at B&Q, etc.   And we've finally started.  When I say "we", I really mean Shannon - she's done all the work, she just sends me over to get more cement or order more beads.   I'm very happy to let her continue - and she seems very happy to get on with it.







Last Sunday, we were blessed with a lovely sunny day to make a start on the path - Shannon and I were at B&Q as it opened on Sunday morning and started very soon afterwards.










While Shannon laboured away on the path, I ripped up loads of plants on the right hand side of the garden where I'm going to lay the weed suppressant and cover it in slates, to make the garden all the same level.  I was also in charge of catering so chopped up a load of the branches I'd sawn down earlier in the week to use on the firepit.  Amanda and Mum turned up a bit later with the food.  A real family affair.





Shannon looks like she's praying in this photo!



So, a great day's work - I paced the path out after everyone had gone home and Shannon had laid five feet of path.  The bad news is that there's another twenty-five feet to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment