Sunday 19 November 2017

Other People's Gardens - October 2017

Because October was so busy with trips, jollies and holidays, it appears I did absolutely nothing in my own garden, so no Seeds and Stuff Post and precious little in other people's gardens either!  I have been putting gardens to bed for the winter for clients though so there wasn't much going on anyway, other than tidying.

One of the last gardens I worked in just before packing up for winter is mainly made up of lawn and I'm afraid I know very little about lawns, not having one of my own.  I'm hoping that our practical course at college gives us more tips on what to do with them as I imagine I will get asked about this LOTS if I'm going to be doing this as a business.


While giving this lawn a haircut, I had the good fortune to be working in bright sunshine - although perishing cold! - and was rather taken with this tree which I believe is a Sorbus acauparia - sadly not in my client's garden, but just outside his boundary fence.  Stunning though.

No comments:

Post a Comment