Sunday 18 November 2018

Seeds and Stuff - October 2018

The garden is still showing plenty of life, with lots of flowers blooming, even this late on.  I've had a little wander around the garden this morning and gave up counting the amount of Passiflora caerulea - blooming gorgeous!  But back to October .....
I've collected a number of seed pods for the Cercis siliquastrum - there are lots of them!   When these photos were taken last month, they were light browny orange in colour, but, right now, they're dark purple - must get out there again with the camera.  And you can clearly see the seeds within each pod - fingers crossed.


And here is the Passiflora caerulea - it's been flowering since about July and is covering the pergola and most of the hedges and apple tree.  I love it.

The Alnwick rose hasn't done so well this year  - I can only hope it's weather related and not the very severe haircut I gave it earlier this year!   I'm not cutting it this year and will keep an eye on it.

The yellow rose, however, (variety unknown) has been going great guns, and that one also had a major haircut at the same time as the Alnwick rose.  Who knows?!

No comments:

Post a Comment