Monday 3 June 2019

Morston Book Fair - Twice!

So tardy am I at writing up my posts that I've been to the annual Morston Book Fair twice now and not posted!
These photos were taken in May 2018 when we still had lovely Sid with us - this was a beautiful early spring day when we got to sit in the sun.   There were quite a gang of us - Mum, Amanda, Shannon and Tom, Rat and Pam, me and Sid.  So we picked a nice shady spot to sit in and we all took it in turns to guard our haul of books while the others went and had another perusal of the stalls.

This was my selection - very garden-heavy of course as I was still at college and obsessed with all things horticultural.  (That's not to say I'm not now, but I've just stopped reading about it, now it's all about the practical!)

By contrast, these photos were taken at the beginning of May this year - on a not so nice day.  In fact, due to the showers all day, we were in and out of the barns and the seating area - not warm enough or dry enough to leave the coats off unfortunately.  Again, we were quite a number and managed a good selection of books.

This lot belonged to me, Shannon and Nicholas.

We've since learned that the Morston book fair as it currently runs, is no longer.   The basis of the book fair was to raise funds for the church roof and, over the past ten years, they've managed to replace the roof so the urgency to raise funds is no longer there.  There will be smaller events and pop up book sales, but nothing on the scale so far seen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment