Monday 30 March 2020

Other People's Gardens - February 2020

It's been a very damp few weeks in the gardens and everything is looking very lush at the moment.


These beauties, I think, are the only residential snowdrops I've seen this year.  I don't know if it's been a bad year for them?  It shouldn't be as snowdrops like damp conditions.  Perhaps I just haven't been paying attention!


Sadly, my old gardening coat has finally given up the ghost - it had plenty of tears in it from brambles and holly, but in the end the zip stopped working, so no good to me.   It had lasted a good while though - it was about twenty years old and had been walked in up hill and down dale before being consigned to gardening, due to the pocket zips breaking.   Shame though, such an old faithful.


Although it's actually been very mild so far this year, I've still needed to be wrapped up against the wind and storms - we've had a number of named storms so far this year, Ciara, Dennis and another big one, whose name escapes me right now.


It's got to be good for my complexion though, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment