Friday 23 October 2020

Seeds and Stuff - September 2020




These Nicotiana (tobacco plants) just keep coming and coming and they are beautiful.  I love that they're so pale in colour but really stand out at night.



Despite being so late in the summer, there's still plenty of colour to be found.   My Hedychium densiflorum (ginger lily) flowered for the first time this year on three stalks.  Apparently this plant is clump forming so I'm hoping for at least another flower stalk next year.   It's a much softer orange than I'd imagined, but looks stunning against the lime green colour of the leaves and looks fab against the Passiflora caerulea fruit.

The Dahlias were grown from seed - which I'm very proud of - but all the flowers have been munched by the bloody snails.  Gggrrrr!












No comments:

Post a Comment