Monday 22 March 2021

Holiday Randoms - Lake District - 2018





 Back in 2018, Finn and I had a full blown, four week adventure in the Lake District, and for two of those weeks, Amanda joined us.   This was part of my coastal walk - Finn and I were continuing on with the Cumbria Coastal Way and we booked a caravan near Grange over Sands for the entire duration.  We very quickly made ourselves at home!







The plan had been initially to walk pretty much up to Scotland, but it soon became apparent that we were driving massive distances each day to walk not very far!  So the first two to three weeks were pretty much about walking, and the last week was all about jollies!  




These photos are basically lazy days when we spent time in the caravan, chilling out, going out for occasional walks. 























We were very lucky to have had this opportunity for a lovely long break.   Coincidentally, I was supposed to be having a two month walking holiday this year, but then Covid got in the way and as holidays in the UK are very much not guaranteed this year, my employer has very kindly let me take it in 2022, so I won't lose out.   And of course I hadn't anticipated having a puppy either, so Domino will be nearly two years old by the time we go, so perfectly able to walk the longer distances. 

I love seeing these photos of dear Finn and remembering all our lovely holidays we had, so lucky to have rescued each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment