Monday 6 May 2013

Bank Holiday

It's been an absolutely beautiful bank holiday weekend - the sort of weekend where you fling open all the doors and windows and welcome the warmth into the house.  With the sun streaming through my bedroom window so early, I've been hanging washing out by seven thirty each morning.  It's been fab. 

Yesterday, Amanda and I went to Sheringham to visit Rat and Pam and to see their new house - it's a lovely house about five minutes from both the beach and the high street, with stunning tiled art deco fireplaces, very tall ceilings and the most enormous hall.  The perfect place to put the Christmas tree in December if you ask me.  They didn't ..... but I gave my opinion anyway!  

We had lunch in the garden and, because Amanda was driving, I had a couple of glasses of wine.  Why does wine taste nicer when you're sitting outdoors?  We had mains - pasta bake with salad - and then had a walk up to the cliff and along the front and up the high street - which was heaving - before heading back for pudding - trifle.  How civilised, to split your meal with an amble in the middle! 
I do like Sheringham - it has a lovely atmosphere and Rat and Pam are settling in very well.  They are much less isolated than where they lived before and are really enjoying having their friends around them, being able to walk to the shops, and not have to worry about taxis for nights out.  I'm almost tempted to move there myself, except I love my walk to work too much to go through all the upheaval.  The crowds yesterday would probably get a bit annoying - I remember when I lived in Hastings that I was always glad when the holiday makers went home at the end of the summer and we got our town back.
Today, Amanda and I took Sid and Finn to Mum and Dad's via Bacton woods, so they could have a good run around first.  It was very hot though so they were very glad of the - disgustingly dirty - pond so they could have a paddle.
A lovely, lovely weekend and only three weeks until our next bank holiday, when, hopefully, fingers crossed, in fact EVERYTHING crossed, I will be camping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment