Monday 23 September 2013

Cotton

Following on from my first granny square blanket, I was really keen to get started on the next one, but wasn't really sure where to start.  Given that this really is my new obsession, potentially I could end up with four or five blankets a year!   However, Andy HATES - with a passion - crocheted blankets.  The beautifully muted heathery colour wool blanket I'd just finished was therefore not to have a home in our spare room - sadly - and is destined instead for either the Craft Room or one of our craft fairs later in the year.   Bearing this in mind, I decided to go and speak to Bryony at the shop to get her view of what would sell - and she immediately said baby blankets in pastel colours and in cotton.  I was straight on to the Wool Warehouse website to see what I could find and ended up with sixteen gorgeous little balls of loveliness.

Not sure I'm enjoying crocheting with it yet - I didn't realise that cotton has a tendency for the strands to split, so it's certainly not as easy to work with as the previous wool I'd used.   However, what I do love about it is its weightlessness - absolutely featherweight - and I'm hoping that prospective aunties in Norwich love it too and will be buying them up by the dozen for their new-born nieces and nephews.  Just so that I can keep my obsession going a wee bit longer of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment