Thursday 17 April 2014

Wraysbury

Wraysbury is a village very near Heathrow airport - and one that we drive through all the time to get to Windsor, or Windsor Great Park if we're walking Finn.   Wraysbury is where I used to get my hair cut when I worked at Heathrow - I used to finish early on Fridays, so would always head to the salon then, where I would be welcomed with a glass of wine!   How very civilised.  

Andy and I have been talking about future plans - it's almost a hobby for us now! - and there is a (very slim) possibility that I may eventually move from Norfolk for work.   There is a chance in the near future that my current job may no longer exist and there may be very few opportunities for me within the NHS Trust that I work for.   With the employment situation the way it is in Norfolk, it's always good to have a back up plan. And I guess my back up plan would be Heathrow - there's always work down there, I worked there for the best part of three years so know the area and have that experience.  The only sticking point would be house prices, so Andy and I took a few hours out one Sunday to research rental prices.  Strictly speaking, that's not the only sticking point - I'm not even sure I want to move there!  

So, Andy was on a mission to show me that it's not all built up and industrial around Heathrow - which is why we headed to Wraysbury.   It's a very well served village with a post office, a stores, hairdressers, chemist, two pubs, a railway station, regular buses, a social club, a library, fish and chip shop, cricket club, football team, tennis and bowls club.  I was very pleasantly surprised actually - I had no idea they had so many amenities, only having used it for essentials before.   I really think that, if I ever do move back south, then if it's not to Wraysbury, I'm not interested!







No comments:

Post a Comment