Sunday 21 September 2014

Tada! "It's Curtains For You" Bag

After my first foray into bag making, I wanted to have another go, but using recycled fabric, rather than going and buying new.   On a visit to the Craft Room a couple of months ago, Bryony showed me a stash of fabric which had been pre-used - really beautiful fabrics.   I chose three curtains in a white background with lavender/ purple/ grey flowers and foliage and thought it would be perfect for Mary's birthday present.


Because the fabric was made into curtains and nothing more fiddly with heaps of seams and tricky corners, it was really easy to set to with my seam ripper to take all the sewing cotton out, then chuck the whole lot in the washing machine and, hey presto, ready to use gorgeous vintage fabric.  

The lining (not shown unfortunately in the photo as I was really pleased with it) is the blue fabric that I used for Shiriin's scrubs - post still to follow!   The quilting fabric was a bargain from Dunelm Mill - I needed a metre but it was nearly the end of the roll so I got an extra metre and a bit (as it had been badly cut and not at all even) - loads more bags on the way!   The webbing for the handles was a bit of a disaster - stupidly, I didn't take the material with me to match it all up, so I had to guess.  And I think I was way out - but at least it's a very bright contrast.   I will know for the next time ...


No comments:

Post a Comment