Friday 26 September 2014

Waves in Progress

By writing this post, I have broken one of my own rules.   However, I am supremely confident that the recipients of this beauty will NEVER read the blog, so there'll be no little surprises for them before unwrapping it on Christmas morning!   This is going to be a double bed size blanket made in fifteen different shades of blues, greens, greys and sand.  A proper seaside inspired blanket.  

The inspiration for this came from Lucy who writes the Attic 24 blog - her version is a crochet blanket and she very kindly gave us the colour order too.


It very soon became apparent that I had seriously underestimated how big crochet stitches are in comparison to knitted rows.   So, instead of Lucy's eighty-four rows, when I get to the end of my eighty-rows, I then have to go backwards so I have a mirror image blanket - but it will still be the same length as Lucy's.   I may need to buy more wool!











So, here are the fifteen colours - I've used Stylecraft wool in a 100 per cent acrylic mix, which is very hardwearing, especially as I think the finished blanket will be used at home, in the caravan, on picnics and at the beach.   The rows have 456 stitches and it is made in a basic feather and fan pattern - one of my favourites as I don't need a pattern, it's engraved on my brain!   The colours are Denim, Aspen, Teal, Silver, Cloud, Meadow, Parchment, Camel, Khaki, Grey, Petrol, Turquoise, Sherbet, Aster and Bluebell.  

When I first started making the blanket, I wasn't at all sure that I liked it.  But I've discovered that the more rows I do, the more I love it.  Just need to get it finished for Christmas now!

No comments:

Post a Comment