Saturday 11 April 2015

Easter 2015

It's been ages since I've had the family over for dinner. The plan originally was to have Rat and Pam over for dinner, but, as we'd plumped for the Easter weekend, it wasn't too much of a jump to have everyone here! Sadly, Nicholas couldn't make it due to work commitments - and we ate so much that he didn't even get a doggy bag, despite sending Amanda over with their own tupperware! I spent Good Friday and Saturday morning running around doing housework and prepping before everyone arrived for Saturday lunchtime.


As well as some old favourites - spinach and cranberry quiche and cheese and apple pasties (which turned out to be a disaster - how do you make gluten free puff pastry?!) - I tried out a chorizo tortilla, which went down really well.   This was a recipe (no photos sadly, it didn't last long enough!) from Raymond Blanc, who's latest TV programme - Kew on a Plate - is my current favourite.   I managed to find gluten free chorizo too which is brilliant.  

I also made a plum and apple crumble - gluten free obviously - with fruit picked from my garden last year - hurrah for self sufficiency.  (Almost!)


While doing the housework, I actually changed the room around so that we could all sit round the dining table. When I first moved here, I had planned to use the window seat as extra seating, but it's just a wee bit too high which is a shame.





Finn, sensibly keeping out of the way!








Bunch of comedians!

Sid, being Sid!

He's not very good at hide and seek, I'm not sure he really understands!


A really funny day as always.  And now I'm off the hook for a little while at least!


No comments:

Post a Comment