Monday 13 April 2015

Tada! "Build Me Up Buttercup" Jumper

This jumper has been a year in the making. In fact, this is actually its second reincarnation - I'd knitted this yellow cotton up as a different pattern previously, although I cannot, for the life of me, remember what? THAT is how long I've had this cotton!


(And an extra bonus of having no head in this picture - bloody self timers!)

I loved this pattern since I first got the magazine - October 2009. But it's taken me until now to finally make it. This cotton is beautiful - I love lemon for spring and summer - but cotton is much heavier than the wool I usually knit with, so I had hardly anything left from the 600 grammes I bought. It's a good job I leave such long ends when tying in another ball of wool, as that was pretty much all I had to sew it all up. If I make it again in cotton (and I have already found a lovely mandarin colour cotton which I think it will look beautiful in), then I will buy extra yarn to be on the safe side.


The jumper is knitted in two distinct patterns - a lacy stitch for the bottom which gives it a floaty feel, and then a tighter knit rib for the top parts. 


This picture shows my new hairdo as well - new posh girlie cut!


I really like this jumper, I think it's going to get a lot of wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment