Wednesday 21 October 2015

Mattishall - September Sunshine

The Mattishall and Hockering circular walk is one of my favourites - I've been walking it now for nearly seven years!  In fact, Finn can pretty much get himself round on his own now.  The walk is all on country lanes, no footpaths at all, which is good in a way that if the weather has been filthy, we won't get covered in mud.  Although we have done it on ice before now which was a bit tricky.




We walked it in September on a very bright, but rather breezy, day and had the lanes pretty much to ourselves.  There are a couple of "escape routes" so that we can shorten the walk if we need to, but this time we did the full seven miles.



The hedgerows and grass verges were full of wild flowers but I think these are cyclamen - they are rather lovely and I think I'd like to grow some in the shady patch at the bottom of my garden now.


How I wish I knew what all the others are!

No comments:

Post a Comment