Monday 21 December 2015

Mineshop Walk

From our lovely cottage at Mineshop, it was just a mile walk to the beach at Crackington Haven through the woods and along the side of the valley.  The path eventually comes out into Lover's Lane, where it joins the road down into Crackington.  One day at the end of our first week, we three all decided to spend the day separately - I don't think we'd had enough of each other, we just all fancied doing something different!   Amanda and Sid went into Bude, Shannon stayed at the cottage to chill out for the day, and Finn and I needed to do something energetic so we walked to the beach.



The path started off quite muddy - we'd had a lot of rain that week - but it wasn't long before the path went slightly uphill and away from the river and became less squelchy!




It was beautifully sunny but quite fresh - it was November after all - and it was fab to kick through all the leaves that littered our path.







Nearly there!  I love this view as you come from Lover's Lane onto the road to the beach car park.


I could see the waves were quite choppy even from this distance.







Why does Finn do this?!!  Honestly, the sand that comes out of this boy's coat  .....





It was wonderful to have the beach to ourselves - with Finn charging around like a lunatic all the time, I do worry that he'll just bowl into someone and knock them over.  When we've got all this space to ourselves, I can take my eye off the ball a little bit, knowing he can't get into any trouble!



Love this - Finn's footprints are the only prints to see.



The light was amazing ...









After half an hour or so of Finn running around and me checking out the rocks and playing with my camera, we headed to the cafe for a cream tea and a hot chocolate - it was pretty cold although very exhilarating.  I love that dogs are allowed into the cafe and we had the place totally to ourselves too.









I love this house - it's going to be mine one day!




And so we headed home, but not before Finn had another swim in the river en route.


Although a short walk, this has got to be one of my favourites - I get a cream tea at one end, and then get coffee and my jimjams at the other.  Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment