Sunday 13 December 2015

Polzeath and Padstow

Very often on our holiday, we tried to incorporate a walk in so that it wasn't all about eating and sightseeing! We consulted the maps regularly so that we could pair up a walking venue with a jolly and so it came about that we would have a walk at Polzeath in the morning, before heading off to Padstow for Rick Stein fish and chips - we had quite a tight timetable though as the chippy closed at 3.00 pm, but at least that gave us something to work to.

  


The rocks on the beach at Polzeath had this beautiful jade green colour running through them.















The plan had been to walk round to Daymer Bay and St Enodoc Church along the beach, but the tide was coming in at an alarming rate, so we headed over the rocks - Sid was like a mountain goat! - and up the side of the cliff to get to the top and the coastal path.















However, we then had to revise our plans again as it was evident that we wouldn't have enough time to get to St Enodoc Church and back and then to Padstow for three o'clock.  (This disorganisation pretty much represented our entire holiday, it has to be said!)   So we sort of split up at that point and concentrated variously on scenery, photography, sitting and gazing out to sea, or walking really vigorously to try and wear Finn out!








We soon headed off to Padstow for our much anticipated fish and chips - gluten free obviously for Amanda.  Now, I had been waiting ten years for these fish and chips - the last time I was in Padstow was 2005 when I was walking the coastal path.  I was unemployed, homeless and travelling around for six months in a camper van and finances were a bit tight - and Rick Stein fish and chips were a little bit out of my budget.  So I was determined I was going to have them this time and I really wasn't disappointed.  (I can't say that for the girls, but they hadn't been waiting for them as long as I had - it sounds a bit pretentious that these fish and chips were symbolic for me, but I don't care anyway what anyone else thinks about that!)



Yum!







No comments:

Post a Comment