Saturday 12 March 2016

Seeds and Stuff - February 2016

As I type this (12 March), I can give a bit of a progress update - not that there is much to say! 


From the sowings in January, the mustard seedlings are romping away and I've been chopping up the leaves to put in some of my food.  The lobelia has only just started to sprout but there is still no sign of the garlic chives - it has been very cold though and rainy, so not much sunlight or warmth to get them going.

For February, I've sown aquilegia - my garden is always full of them, as I had plenty of seeds from Maria and then Mary and Jim - and they are beautiful - dark burgundy colour and a bright pink colour.  But the seeds I've sown this time are mixed so even more colour to come - lovely!  I've also sown some carrots (mainly for Finn) and some French marigolds.   Nothing showing from this latest lot though.  Progress reports to come.


For March sowings - I'll wait a few weeks yet - it's lavender, rocket and poppies - I'll probably just sprinkle the poppy seeds liberally around the garden so need to go back to my seed box to see what else I can sow inside in its space.  Now I've got rid of one of the shelving systems, I can only really sow three varieties of things a month for now and need to use my seed trays wisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment