Tuesday 12 April 2016

Valentine Weekend in London

Andy and I were lucky enough to have another weekend in London in February - although Andy wasn't quite so lucky as he had to work on the Saturday!  I got the train down on the Saturday lunchtime and met him at the hotel to check in and we were bemused to find we had bunk beds!


Hilarious!

I was left to my own devices all Saturday afternoon so I caught up with the rugby on TV and did a bit of knitting - obviously!  The knitting comes with me everywhere, just in case ...  I spent a fair bit of time getting ready and tarting myself up, as befits a Valentines night out.


Haha!

And here IS the valentines meal - crikey, it was enormous!  And we probably only managed about a third of it in all.  Very nice - at one of our favourite places to eat, Efes, a Turkish restaurant on the corner of Brick Lane and Whitechapel High Street. 

On Sunday morning, we headed off in the general direction of Spitalfields and Brick Lane and spent quite a bit of time in Rough Trade, drinking coffee and listening to some fantastic African tunes.  In fact, so impressed was I, that Andy bought me the CD for my valentines present.  A lovely reminder whenever I hear any of the tunes. 

We spent the afternoon watching rugby and football on TV in the Good Samaritan.  We met a chap in there who suggested somewhere different for us to eat - Singha Chinese - so we headed towards it, getting slightly waylaid in the White Hart for a beer, where we met a netball team from Norwich - how bizarre!

A really lovely chilled weekend, not as action packed as usual - we did loads of walking, but weren't on quite such a mission as we normally are.   Fab weekend, long may they continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment