Sunday 15 May 2016

Palm Sunday

I had totally forgotten it was Palm Sunday the weekend I was with Andy, until we sauntered up to Columbia Road Flower Market on the Sunday morning and spotted a procession with a donkey!


We were in dire need of breakfast, having had quite a bit to drink the night before - instead of going out for dinner, I was despatched to Tescos to get snacky food so we could watch the rugby in our room.

Room with a view and our tea!



We found a pub serving breakfast - the Globe at the top of Columbia Road - and Andy went for the full English while I had spinach frittata - ever mindful of my low iron count! - before heading through the flower market which was heaving.  The last time I visited the market, I was there early at about nine o'clock and that was bearable, but walking down it at eleven on a Sunday morning is not to be recommended.







We found this amazing perfumerie with a wonderful window display - I'm not allowed into toiletry shops any more due to my toiletry stash getting rather out of hand.



After the market, we headed along to Brick Lane for a wander as usual - I love our Sundays mooching around - before heading to the Good Samaritan to watch the football.  We had already decided that we fancied eating somewhere new this weekend and Andy had earmarked the White Hart where we'd had a beer previously as the food looked fab.  So we walked amongst the buildings of the Royal London Hospital - gleaming in the sunlight - to the pub for a roast dinner - it was yum!



On the way back to the hotel afterwards, we wandered down Whitechapel High Street past all the pastry shops and Andy decided we should try the local cuisine - oh, it was soooooooooooooo sweet, way too sweet for me, so I packed it all up and took it into work the next day for the girls!
Another lovely weekend - long may they continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment