Monday 9 May 2016

Seeds and Stuff - April 2016

The garden is really starting to come alive now - it's beautiful.  And as I write this (early May) we've had a scorching hot few days so I'm having to remember to water things now as well - it's been ages since that's happened!
The bluebells have sprung up all over the garden and even in little patches I didn't remember from before?
The pieris is flowering for only the second year - out of the seven years I've been here!
This little alpine is gorgeous - and the bonus is that I didn't even know it would flower anyway - I thought it was just a mossy green shrub - I love it!
The violets are sprouting everywhere - in places I don't really want them as well.  So I will wait for them to finish flowering and will dig them up and put them where I need them.

What with violets, bluebells and forget-me-nots, my garden is a sea of blue - which I don't mind at all!
The primroses are going over a bit now - still gorgeous though and possibly my favourites.
I've said it every year for ages, but I really think that this is The Year The Camellia Gets Dug Up!  I do love it, but it flowers for such a short time, makes such a mess and I'm lucky if I get half a dozen flowers that haven't been affected by frost.  Most of the flowers are horrible and brown. This is its last reprieve, I'm afraid - no more stays of execution.  It's out!
Tomato seedlings - they are a bit further on from this now and I have counted potentially twenty-six plants - goodness knows what I'll do with them all, I think a fair proportion of them will be gifted to friends and family.
My boy laying in the sun, watching me work!

No comments:

Post a Comment