Sunday 9 July 2017

Odds and Sods - June 2017

June has been all about gardening and getting ready for our holiday - we're just back from a week in Dorset, although heaven knows when I'm going to get around to posting about that as I still haven't posted our Wales holiday yet from March!  It'll happen ...

I've been busy knitting - ponchos again, just in time for a heatwave!  Actually, it's nice to get ahead of myself for a while and I've already started making the C-word presents!  This one is mine though - incidentally made with wool I bought in Aberystwyth in March!  I love the asymmetry of it and also the fact that it's only sewn up at the shoulders so no restriction on arm movement.  Fab!


I've been hacking back at the garden, pulling up brambles and stuff.   And my "living wall" is coming along nicely at the back of the pergola - photos to follow in another post.   Our next door neighbours - who never used their garden before - now have four month old twins and have started to sit out more.  Finn is very nosy anyway, so, what with the chickens in the garden at the end of ours, and now children next door, he is being even more nosy than normal.  I caught him, front legs up on a chair, and gawping through the fence recently which is hilarious!
We've really had a heatwave in June, so I've been positively encouraging Finn to swim whenever possible, this is him on one of our River Wensum walks while visiting Mum and Dad.
So another month goes by, and we've had the longest day, which makes me sad.  But determined to make the most of the summer evenings for the next few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment