Saturday 22 July 2017

Other People's Gardens - June 2017

I've been lucky enough to have loads of gardening work recently - it's that time of year.  First up was my brother and sister-in-law's garden up on the north Norfolk coast - a beautiful garden, crammed full of plants which are very good at suppressing weeds.   It was just a bit of a tidy up, and cutting back to give some space to plants that were being crowded out - including a fruiting gooseberry that I didn't know was there until it stabbed me!  I also had a helper in this garden, in the form of Buddy, their sweet little border terrorist.
Next up is the garden on the Broads that I've been working on for a few months now and the wild flower meadow area in the front garden is coming along beautifully, where we found this lovely unusual poppy.
My newest garden, just south of Norwich, is giving me lots of work - I've been there every week now for a month and I don't seem to be making much headway at all!   It's absolutely crammed full of plants - and has obviously been very well organised by the previous occupants of the property, but the young family that have moved in now have been rather overwhelmed with it all and I think they would like a "less is more" kind of garden.  Especially with two very young children and a puppy!   My biggest challenge at the moment is trying to work out exactly what plants are growing ..... this is definitely the garden where I've most had to consult my reference books in the field, so to speak!

I think this is some kind of hellebore although very tall - four feet high?  Although Andy thinks it's cannabis!  I can sort of see what he means with those leaves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment