Friday 14 July 2017

Seeds and Stuff - June 2017

The garden is so overgrown at the moment that I really need to spend a full weekend on it - we came back from our holiday at the beginning of July to find everything in bloom and the garden full of colour.  Here are a few photos to celebrate June ...

My foxglove obsession continues.  In fact, this year I think we've had even more than usual!

In the front garden, the mesembryanthemum is doing really well.  I bought one plant back in May 2016 and immediately split it, hoping for the best.  Well, now I have two troughs full of it - success!
The passion flower is taking over the back of the pergola as hoped for - these were from seeds from a fruit given to me by Mary and Jim.
And the living wall I was hoping for is coming along lovely now - so pleased that it's coming to fruition.
Auntie June's hebe is enormous!  I really need to start taking cuttings of it to keep it going - I always have a possible move away from this house in the back of my mind and the hebe is really too big to dig up and take with us now.  
And the kniphofias are beautiful - still only three flower stalks, but I'm hoping for more in future years!

No comments:

Post a Comment