Sunday 11 February 2018

Seeds and Stuff - January 2018

One of the things I've learned at college is that it is way too early to try and sow seeds without base heating at this time of year - something I've been doing wrong for years.  So I haven't even attempted to sow any yet - although I'm itching to get started.

What I have managed to do is try and cut everything back to give it an almighty boost to get growing this year - so the roses have all been chopped back and the front garden has been given a mini haircut where it was all overhanging the pavement to catch out unsuspecting passers by!

The garden looks so strange out the back - bare almost - as usually the only things guaranteed to give it some bulk and height were the roses, but all four have now been chopped back to ground level.  Only time will tell if I've done the right thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment