Friday 30 March 2018

Alnmouth 2017


Alnmouth is one of our favourite beaches so of course we had to visit, even though we only had four days to play with.

Looking back on this day, I'm surprised I've got any photos at all because my recollection is of a very brief - VERY brief - walk due to Finn's anxiety issues.  As he's getting older, he seems to be more worried by things that never seemed to bother him at all when he was younger - the vet and the behaviourist at the Dogs Trust explained to me that, as dogs get older, their senses become impaired.  As they lose their hearing and their sight, things can "surprise" them because they've had no lead up to whatever is about to happen.  On the day we went to Alnmouth, we'd barely been on the beach for five minutes when we heard either gun fire or bird scarers - difficult to say which - and that was the end of the walk for Finn - he ran off, back to the car park and refused to budge!


I have to say it was bloody cold though, so I was quite glad that our walk was curtailed - and we could sit in the warmth of the car and wait for Amanda and Sid.

I'm sure we'll be back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment