Monday 28 May 2018

Christmas Present Makes 2017

I really am hopeless at this blogging malarkey - it's nearly June and I'm typing up a post about Christmas!  In my defence, I haven't had the most up to date technology and my old computer used to take about three days to fire up, which is why I've treated myself to a new laptop.   Hopefully, I will get up to date with posts eventually.

In the meantime, this post includes photos of things that I made for Christmas presents - although I'm a bit concerned that I seem to have lost quite a lot of photos - I'm sure I made more?!

This was a scarf, hat and gloves set for Amanda in beautifully soft Hayfield wool.  There is also an orange, brown and cream colourway in this wool and I'm seriously considering making myself a set for this year.
I have made a number of these ponchos now, but I think the cream version is my new favourite, it shows the pattern up so well, it looks very natural somehow.

This lovely shawl was for my friend Mary in Dubai.

And these beautifully sparkly socks were for cousin Mary.
Another asymmetrical poncho - this one was my secret santa effort for the Knitters with Attitude ladies.

And this is beautiful - a shawl for Mum made in three ply yarn.  And it had over 600 stitches to start with!  But I loved making it and it was surprisingly much easier than I had anticipated.  Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment