Monday 7 May 2018

Made or Grown - April 2018

I've clearly gone completely off the rails with this project in April - the first photo I've downloaded isn't until 3 April!  Hey ho - I always knew it would be tricky, but what it has done is flag up the things I need to make for next year so that I can try again. I'm not giving up, I'm really enjoying it - when I remember!  

So here goes ..... April's efforts.
3 April 2018 - the scarf I made for Mary which she gave back to me.

4 April 2018 - this scarf is versatile enough to be worn with a coat, but also to just be worn for adornment in the office.
5 April 2018 - another of Mary's shawls, regifted back to me.

6 April 2018 - starting to warm up a bit, so wearing a cardi out in lieu of a coat.

8 April 2018 - poncho's back out again!
9 April 2018 - and another!
10 April 2018 - this shawl is also very versatile.

11 April 2018 - clearly the heating had gone off at work again and it had cooled down!

12 April 2018 - coat and scarf back on.
13 April 2018 - first gardening job of the year.   I think the hat was probably more useful in trying to contain my hair, than keeping my head warm!

14 April 2018 - scarf on up at Mousehold Heath.  (Although I did get quite warm racing around after Finn, and the coat and scarf did come off quite quickly!)
16 April 2018 - while sorting out my garden growing bags, I discovered a load of Pink Fir Apple potatoes I had neglected to harvest, so had them for tea with sausages and peas.  Amanda invited herself over!!
17 April 2018 - scarf on my walk to work.
19 April 2018 - strictly speaking, I hadn't actually made anything here.  However, I am responsible for how the coat looks now as, when I bought it, it was beige and black.   I don't wear beige!  So it was dyed a lovely bottle green colour which has faded to a sage green colour.   That's why it's included!
20 April 2018 - this coat is versatile over trousers and skirts.  And, look, I've even discarded the tights!
23 April 2018 - close up of dyed coat.
24 April 2018 - walking to work.
25 April 2018 - me, scarf, blossom.  
27 April 2018 - walking to work again.
28 April 2018 - more blossom!
30 April 2018 - realised that my holiday is looming and I need to break in my new walking boots before attempting to walk 175 miles.  Matched boots to shirt - to try and divert people's attention from (forbidden) footwear at work, and popped sparkly cardi over the top for even more diversion!

No comments:

Post a Comment