Thursday 31 May 2018

Tada! "On the Huh" Poncho

They have some funny old sayings in Norfolk - one of my favourite being "on the huh" - although I'm not really sure how you spell it?  I do know that it means when something is not quite straight, or is a bit wonky.  Which perfectly describes this poncho!

I love this asymmetrical look - and what is perfect about it is that the sides aren't completely sewn up so you can get a coat on over it, and can even wear a rucksack over it.

I've made quite a few of these now and I don't think I'll ever get tired of them.  (In fact, I have another one ready to sew up - and it has been ready for quite some time now!)  They are perfect just for a bit of warmth over your shoulders and back, when it's not quite cold enough for a jumper or cardi.


The pattern is so simple but so effective, and you can make just one half for a lovely shawl cover up.


I have worn these a lot over the winter/ spring, but they are just as good for cooler evenings in the summer too.   My new favourite garment!


No comments:

Post a Comment