Saturday 11 August 2018

Odds and Sods - July 2018

July is the first full month I've had without college so I've been spending a lot more time knitting - the weather has been so hot that I haven't spent much time out in the garden, so have been indoors with the doors open, curtains shut, and knitting needles in a frenzy!

This shawl has now been finished off with all ends darned in and is on the Folksy website.  I really enjoyed making it in a summery 100 per cent cotton, and I'm going to have a go at doing it in a mohair next for a lovely winter shawl.

I've finished this lovely feather and fan scarf - this one's for me.   On the way back from Northumberland to Norwich last November, we popped into Knitting Pretty wool shop in Knaresborough and I bought this yarn as the colours reminded me of the autumn colours on the trees on our holiday.  It's finally done!

And I've cast on, knitted, and cast off this cowl!  More photos to follow in the Odds and Sods post of August.   This one is a Christmas present and was completed on a weekend away in Bristol - so quick!

I've had a number of weekends away - both with and without Finn - and there'll be more posts to follow - eventually! - I'm loving this summer, the weather has been glorious and everything just seems so happy and hopeful and sunny.   I had no idea that I could be so affected by meteorological changes, but it's been very clear to see this year!

Talking of Finn ...


He's always got to get in on the action somehow!


No comments:

Post a Comment