Sunday 19 August 2018

Other People's Gardens - July 2018

Due to the drought conditions and extreme heat of the past few weeks, my gardening work hasn't exactly dried up completely, but it has died down a lot - I've even given up on my own garden as I can't keep everything watered and I'm sure I've lost a lot of shrubs.

One of my customers decided that they only needed me once a month, although, when I went to work there on Friday, conceded that they had no idea how much work was needed in the garden, so my fortnightly visits have been reinstated!

It seems that everyone has been after shade, including the cats.

In this particular garden, which has little or no shade, I've been spending a lot of time sitting down!  And the cats have generally come and sat with me, wanting some fussing.

Not that I mind the sitting down of course!


The photos tell the story of the lack of water and the scorched grass.  We have since had some rain so everything has greened up again nicely, but I do fear that it's too late for most of the shrubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment