Saturday 10 August 2019

Seeds and Stuff - July 2019

I really think it's time for a garden overhaul - following the lushness of May when the garden is overflowing, after that there's not an awful lot going on - there's a lot of green, but the shrubs haven't flowered so well this year.   I think it's time to dig out the things that aren't working - including the hydrangeas.  Perhaps I'll just replace them?

The lilies have been beautiful but they never last long enough.   I do know that I need to lift and divide them and perhaps spread them around the garden.  

The Buddleia was gorgeous this year but, again, it stopped flowering really quickly.  Perhaps it's the weather?

The Passiflora caerulea, however, has been a huge success and has been saved because it's been so fabulous - my plan had been to dig it out and move it, but it's been fab and I know that there are birds nesting in amongst it, so that alone saves it.  The more birds we can encourage to the garden, the better.

The Agapanthus have also been a real success this year, although it's very windy right now so I might need to get out there and stake them.  

A mixed year and perhaps I need to spend the winter planning for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment