Friday 5 August 2022

A Week in the West Country

 Back in June 2019, Finn and I headed down to the caravan for a week's holiday - we didn't have anything planned and I'm always careful to avoid the west country in the height of summer when it's too busy, and also when it's so hot - I couldn't leave Finn alone in the caravan, even to go over to the shower block.  He was way too anxious so I had to either take him with me, or pop him in the car for a short while.  And of course, in the heat of the summer, I couldn't leave him in the car for any length of time.

Of course, we did our local walk pretty much every day, come rain or shine.







We popped to Minehead one day.   The sculpture depicts the end of the South West Coast Path - a 630 mile national trail from Poole to Minehead.  I had walked this in its entirety over a number of years, in the days before Finn owned me.   So it was lovely to do a tiny bit of the walk with him, and to photograph him curled up in the map sculpture.


We popped over the border to Chepstow Castle.


And of course we visited the odd beer garden too.



We even got to visit Andy's work and I got to take home a set of gardening dungarees! 


No comments:

Post a Comment